At Sun Cookery, we’ve created a drink that’s inspired by the “I Love The Cove” cocktail from The Point Bar in the Bahamas. The flavors of muddled pineapple combine with sage create a distinct favor blend that’s sweet and refreshing. True to it’s name, the Island Sunshine Cocktail is nothing short of sunshine in a glass!
Create Your Own Island Sunshine
This Island Sunshine Cocktail starts with muddling pineapple and sage leaves with simple syrup in a cocktail shaker to create a sweet and aromatic base. Add as little or as much pineapple and sage as you prefer. Next, add the vodka, lime juice, and ice. Give it a shake for 10 seconds to chill.
Serve It Up With Island Panache
After shaking up this island-inspired concoction, strain it into a highball glass with two large ice cubes. (Or in our signature Pineapples on the Patio glasses). For that final, elegant touch, garnish with a sage leaf and a long wedge of pineapple.
Sip and Enjoy With Friends
This Island Sunshine Cocktail will add a radiant Bahamian touch to any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a summertime get together or dreaming of warmer days during the winter months, this one is sure to please.
Island Sunshine Cocktail
Adapted from “I Love The Cove” Cocktail, The Point Bar, Bahamas
Servings: Makes 2 Cocktails
- 3 oz. vodka
- 5-6 chunks of pineapple
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- 3-4 sage leaves
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- Aromatic Base: In a cocktail shaker, begin by muddling the pineapple chunks, sage leaves, and simple syrup together. If the muddled pineapple doesn’t provide enough juice for your preferred sweetness, feel free to add more chunks.
- Add the Spirit: Add the vodka and lime juice to the shaker.
- Shake it Up: Fill the shaker with ice and give it a good shake for about 10 seconds.
- Serve with Flair: Strain the contents into a highball glass filled with two large ice cubes.
- Garnish: Complete the drink by smacking a single sage leaf for aroma and garnish with a long wedge of pineapple on the rim.
- Relish: Sip and let the flavors envelop you in a warm Bahamian embrace.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @suncookery so we can share what you’re cooking!