I have been blessed to spend many summers as a child in the heart of the South, where hospitality reigns supreme and the sweet iced tea is always flowing. The team at Sun Cookery and I have crafted a tangy twist on the classic southern sweet iced tea. Our Lavender Lemon Iced Tea is a delightful combination of lavender with the zesty brightness of lemon. You can find all the ingredients for this recipe in our Pineapples on the Patio box, including the unique Spicewalla flavored sugars and the Maya Four Horsemen black tea. So let’s take a trip to Southern, sunny places and make this Lavender Lemon Iced Tea!
Brewing the Perfect Black Iced Tea
This recipe is really quite simple and easy to make your own. Start by brewing 2 cups of black iced tea. If you’re serving more than two people, feel free to double or triple this recipe.
For a true Southern touch, we highly recommend using the Maya Four Horsemen blend from our Pineapples on the Patio box. Its robust flavor and rich aroma make it the ideal foundation for our Lavender Lemon Iced Tea.
Creating the Lavender Lemon Magic
Now that you’ve got your freshly brewed black iced tea, it’s time to add that special sweet twist. While the tea is still warm, stir in the lavender lemon sugar and then pop in the fridge to chill. How simple is that? Add more or less sugar depending on how sweet you like your tea.
Garnish and Serve
We recommend serving up this iced tea for your guests in the pineapple vessels from the Pineapples on the Patio box. Start by fill them with ice, then pour in the cooled tea. These glasses are adorable on their own, but you can take your presentation even a step further with some garnishes. A few ideas for garnish are a wedge of lemon and a sprig of lavender. Or to keep with the pineapple theme, add a slice of pineapple to the rim of each glass. Orange or star fruit slices would also be lovely. Pop an acrylic sunshine stir sticks into each glass and you’ve got an impressive summer iced tea display!
Sip, Savor, and Share the Southern Charm
Ya’ll I can’t think of a better drink for a sunny summer afternoon on the patio. Share with friends, family, neighbors, and anyone else who happens to stop by the house. This Lavender Lemon Iced Tea is sure to impress!
Lavender Lemon Iced Tea
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Total Time: 20 Minutes
This Lavender Lemon Iced Tea is a unique, tangy twist on the classic southern sweet iced tea.
- 2 cups of Water
- 2 tbsp Black Iced Tea (We recommend the Maya Four Horsemen blend from the Pineapples on the Patio box!)
- 2 tsp of Lemon Lavender Sugar (Spicewalla brand)
- Optional: Garnish with lemon wedges, lavender sprigs, or pineapple slices
- Boil two cups of fresh water. Ideal temperature is around 200°F (93°C).
- Add two tablespoons of black tea into a tea bag, or tea strainer.
- Using a heatproof container or pitcher, pour the hot water over the tea leaves. Let them steep for 3-5 minutes, depending on your desired strength. Remember, black tea can get bitter if steeped for too long, so keep an eye on it.
- Once your tea has reached the perfect strength, strain the tea leaves or remove the tea bags.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of the lemon lavender sugar into your brewed black iced tea and stir well. Doing this when the tea is still warm will help the sugars dissolve completely. Taste and add more sugar as desired.
- Allow the tea mixture to cool to room temperature or chill it in the refrigerator.
- When cooled, it’s ready to serve! Transfer to a pitcher and serve over ice in the pineapple glasses.
- Optional: When serving, dress up your glass with a garnish such as a lemon wedge and a sprig of lavender or a slice of pineapple.
Notes: Try kicking up this sweet iced tea with rum or bourbon!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @suncookery so we can share what you’re cooking!