If there’s a drink that encapsulates the vibrant spirit of the Bahamas, it’s undoubtedly the Bahama Mama. Our dedicated team at Sun Cookery has crafted for you a special Bahama Mama cocktail which is a modified version of the signature recipe from the SeaSpray Resort in the Abacos. This drink is sure to give you island vibes! And with the Pineapples on the Patio box, you have the perfect pineapple glasses, sunshine stir sticks, and colorful tray to bring this drink to your guests with class.
Crafting the Bahama Mama Cocktail Magic
The Bahama Mama cocktail starts how any good cocktail starts, with a high quality rum. For this recipe, we suggest dark rum for extra depth, but a light rum would work fine, too. And of course, a tropical drink would not be complete without coconut rum. Layer in the sweet and tangy pineapple and orange juices, and a hint of grenadine for that sunset hue. Shake it all together and you’re done!
Serve It Up with Style
Pour your crafted Bahama Mama cocktail into a chilled pineapple glass from the Pineapples on the Patio box. To elevate your drink even more, garnish with a slice of pineapple or an orange wheel, perhaps even a maraschino cherry on top. And for that extra touch of Sun Cookery flair, don’t forget to slide in one of our tropical sunshine stir sticks.
Sip Your Way to the Islands
Let the island vibes flow! Share it, savor it, and let every sip be a reminder of the warm joy of the islands.
Bahama Mama Cocktail
Adapted from SeaSpray Resort in the Abacos
Servings: Makes 2 Cocktails
- 3 oz. dark rum
- 2 oz. coconut rum
- 8 oz. pineapple juice
- 4 oz. orange juice
- 4 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Cherry juice (to taste)
- Optional: Garnish with cherry and orange wedge
- Prepare the Glassware: Begin by chilling your cocktail glasses to ensure your Bahama Mama stays refreshingly cool.
- Combine Ingredients: In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the dark rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, and Angostura bitters. Shake well until the mixture is chilled.
- Serve with Flair: Strain the cocktail into a chilled glass. We recommend the pineapple glass from the Pineapples on the Patio box! Add a splash of cherry juice to each glass for a hint of color and sweetness.
- Optional Garnish: Finish off with an orange wedge and cherry on the rim or dropped into the glass.
- Enjoy: Sip and savor the tropical flavors as they transport you straight to the Bahamas!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @suncookery so we can share what you’re cooking!